Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Christmas in July!

Ever since I was young, I've loved Christmas! As a child, I loved the magical feel of Christmas. The wonder!

As I grew older, I learnt about the real meaning of Christmas and I felt the joy of giving at Christmas time. Slowly, that joy has flowed into other areas of my life. I guess that's one reason why I love cardmaking. Yes, I love being creative, and stretching myself to keep that creativity growing, but the beauty of cards is that they are designed to be shared!

When I make a card, I know I'm not going to keep it. It is a gift in and of itself. I've put time, effort and supplies into making the card special for the person receiving it! The very idea of making a card as a gift is like renewing the wonder of Christmas gift-giving all over again. This is why I think a hand-made Christmas card is even more special! It's a gift in an envelope that you give at Christmas-time, sometimes to people you don't see much of during the year. It's a way of saying that you're thinking of them in a very special way, at this special time of year, and wishing them the best for the year to come. A hand-made Christmas card says that you put thought into what you placed into the envelope. It's a little peice of art. Of your creative design!

This is why I love creating Christmas cards! And what better time to start, then in July, when we celebrate 'Christmas in July'? Get into the spirit, put on some Christmas tunes, and get out your tools! Now is the time to start on your Christmas cards! If you have a long Christmas card list, design a simple but elegant card that will be easy to reproduce. Adding glitter or heat embossing does wonders for simple Christmas cards, and gives them that store-bought look, but with a home-made feel! 










Product List:
9785 - Oatmeal Card
4922 - Pomegranate SB Essentials
4921 - Olive SB Essentials
4223 - Pinecone Bazzill
2954 - Rosewine Bellish! 1/4" Satin Ribbon
4914 - Bone Scorer
4654 - 4.8cm Scissors
1708 - 6mm Double Sided Tape
4208 - Glossy Accents
4863 - Square (34mm) Super Punch
10250 - Watermark Pad
10030 - Gold Embossing Powder
320LD - Christmas Script Small Stamp
1738LD - Bauble Small Stamp
1737LG - Bauble Large Stamp
4233KE - Merry Christmas Bold Stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment