Saturday, September 10, 2011

Another post from Distress-D!

Hey hey bloggers,

Distress-D here again!

I have been busy playing with my distress inks today and was delighted with some of my results.

I wanted to use up my scraps of paper so, first of all, I went crazy cutting 1 inch and 1.5 inch circles (I used my slice machine cos it's what I had, but Tanya would be able to hook you with some circle punches if my project inspires you. Punches are heaps cheaper than a slice machine).

With this first card, I was making it for my step-father, a passionate St Kilda fan. I used an ivory card (got it from Tanya, my Kaszazz dealer), stamped 'Happy Birthday' with Black Soot (Distress Ink). Then I used removable adhesive and put a few circles randomly on my card. Then I used my foam applicator and Fired Brick (yep, you guessed it -Distress Ink) and covered my card, working from off the page and blending across the page in a circular motion.

Then I put some more circles over the page and repeated the process, this time using the Black Soot again!

Here is the result!




















And here is another card I made using more of my circles!

I used tumbled glass for the stamp and broken china for the edges which made my  background. Next I inked the edge of each circle in a corresponding distress ink colour (Spiced Marmalade, Worn Lipstick, Fired Brick, Dusty Concord).

I stamped the bow on separate card stock (using dusty concord) then put some extra ink on an acrylic block, added a little water and coloured in the bow with a fine brush (I love to colour with my distress inks, will show you more of this one day). Once I had cut the bow, I also inked the edges of the bow to make sure there were no white edges.

The strings of the balloon, I used my 'Sew Easy' tool but you could just as easily draw them on, use a sewing machine or even just poke some holes through and sew it up.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hope you enjoyed seeing some of my work. This is the first time my work has been on the net some I'm a little excited.

Most of the materials I used were from my lovely Tanya, so please chat to her if you want to try something you've seen here.

That's all for me for now! Please feel free to ask any questions you like and if you have a Distress specific request for any future Distress-D posts, please let me/Tanya know.

Distress-D

1 comment:

  1. Great cards, Distress-D! You've been busy! Can't wait to see what you come up with next! :)

    ReplyDelete